ALMADEN RAILWAY HOTEL SINCE 1902
Beautiful historic 'queenslander' style country hotel. Operates more like a B&B and tourist destination, rather than a busy night life pub. With the mine nearby Chillagoe due to commence works, this opportunity should not be passed.
Good annual income and many options to increase.
Great for couple, family, or tourist operator.
Excellent value and priced to sell! Owners ready to retire.
Hotel main features:
• Just under 3 acres
• 21 Accommodation rooms (including singles, doubles and family rooms, 6 rooms with unsuits)
• Accommodation area crib-room
• 10 Additional public toilets and showers
• 2 Laundries
• 4 Private rooms + large private bathroom
• Commercial size kitchen
• Cold room and store room
• Large shed
• Camping area for tents and caravans
• Bores & rainwater tanks for plenty of water
• Sealed road right to front of hotel from Cairns (approx. 2.5 hours drive)
• School bus comes right passed for pick up/drop off
Savannah Way tourist train stops in front of the hotel twice per week. Guest are served morning tea/lunch., with an optional stay overnight to enjoy the 'Cow Town' atmosphere, with cattle wondering freely outside the Hotel! The neighboring area offers great tourist options with limestone caves, aboriginal art, fossils, historical grave site, old mine sites, swimming holes and so much more to tourism to tap into. It attracts a huge crowd at the annual 'Wheelbarrow Race' festivities which is part of the amazing 'Wheelbarrow Way' history of the region.
Rail workers stay in the accommodation frequently. Loyal locals come in routinely for a drink or mail, as the hotel also functions as the local post office/general store.
Don't miss out. Come and experience the country tranquility for yourself.
For more information or to arrange a private inspection please call Exclusive Marketing Agent Andrew Rogato